Monday, May 27, 2013

Wedding Weekend: Murray's Mill

Jeff and I made our second trip home to NC this May. It was definitely needed because we were at the end of our rope with the clutter and lack of sleep from the heat.

Not to mention I was really ready to celebrate my birthday properly, and by properly I mean with cake. 


While we were home Jeff also got a much needed hair cut, which has given him a major confidence boost with his new cool doo.


Then came our mini road trip to Catawba for our good friend/dear SAI sister's wedding.
I may or may not have taken an energy supplement that morning to get through a work out and the rest of the day. So, major organization and work was in order before I left.


2.5 hours later we arrived at Murray's Mill a little bit early. It was BEAUTIFUL and perfect for the bride! Few snaps below





Whitney had the SAI sisters who attended come early and she gave us each a rose. I thought the gesture was so sweet, and I definitely am pocketing the idea for my wedding! (Thanks Whitney!)


Then came the beautiful bride


And the rest is history




Vita Brevis, Ars Longus


The wedding was really lovely. The reception was fun. 
Spot on Whitney! We had a great time and loved the fire works that night!


---

We ventured back to Charlotte that night to stay at Jeff's grandma's house. I absolutely love visiting Charlotte and that house. We didn't stay very long that next day, just enough time to eat some breakfast and journey over to the jewelers to get Jeff's grandma's wedding bands sized. 
I will be very honored to wear those. 

The trip home was a different story. I'm not sure what was wrong with my stomach but all the sudden it was like bottoms up. One pitstop and forced back seat sleep later, I made it back to Jeff's house but before I knew it I was upstairs in his bed in so much pain and tried to sleep more for a few hours to get what ever it was moving in my stomach to a settling point. I finally managed that night to join his family and eat a little before I headed home.

But once again that night I woke up in the worst pain, and NOTHING helped. After breaking in to a few cold sweats I was able to go in and out of sleep. That morning was better and I tried my best to relax that whole day before the flight back to NYC.

So, here we are today, I've had to take a nap already but I'm a lot better than what I was the other day. I was finally able to eat a meal with out things locking up. So, hoping things passed and this week will be fine! Back to a stricter diet to see if that helps... Though I was really wishing for some BBQ this memorial weekend, we will just have to make up for it.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend and a good short week ahead!

xo,
Paige

No comments :

Post a Comment