Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I Did a Body Wrap

It was slippery.


Before I go on about this body wrap experience I would like to fully disclose that I do not believe in any magical overnight weightloss experiments. Only sweating/detoxing/tightening.

No before and afters in this session.

So, if you are crazy period/red meat/pasta/emotionally bloated and in need of some sweet relief, let's continue.

--

I had always wanted to try a body wrap. The idea of dehydrating your body a little bit to achieve a loss of few inches is a little exciting to an insane person. I had researched a few DIY body wraps to avoid spending $100+ for something that may or may not work. I came across this one:

Fat Girl Sixpack + Plastic Wrap + Ace Bandage + One Long Night = ???

So the day of the wrap I had my period kick in full blast. I was tired, I started bloating, I was eating every carb, meat, and spicey cheesy mashed potatoes in sight after a long weekend of moving. I felt nearly doubled in size from that night so, the wrap couldn't have come at a better time.

I slathered on the Fat Girl Sixpack according to the directions I found online, which was literally, slather on and don't rub in. I covered my entire midsection, sides, and back. The tricky part is the plastic wrap, start lower than you think you should and slowly work your way up to right under your boobs. Go back and forth like this until you have snuggly wrapped yourself at least 8 times.

You have to sweat.

At this point you'll feel the Fat Girl Sixpack start to tingle. A lot. It's slippery and weird so you have to put on the chest ace bandage to secure your plastic wrap. Make sure that your ace bandage is snug as well, but not to the point where you can't breathe.. Obviously.

More like the point where you only have a standing or laying down option because if you sit down everything will shift.

Then go to bed. You'll sweat a lot that night, and it will be tingly for a little while. I guess that means it's working.

My results:

I WAS NORMAL! It took away ALL the horrible bloat that I would have normally had to deal with for DAYS. I've never felt my body be so regular on day 2 of a period. Ladies, you know.

So, if you are in need of a quick fix to the bloats, I would say give this a shot.

If you are maybe looking for a long term solution, then try putting on the Fat Girl Sixpack with plastic wrap during work outs, which will make that area sweat. Just.. keep doing that frequently, and there goes more water weight.

Good luck, Godspeed!

Let me know about your experience with a DIY body wrap!

xo,
Paige


No comments :

Post a Comment