Sunday, April 28, 2013

Casper

I am pale. Very pale.

The fact that my blonde hair, fair skin sister gloated that she was darker than me now is a problem.

This all became apparent when I was doing a quick shoot of myself for our May report for Third Wave Fashion. (Which, by the way, you can download April's issue for free here and see all my hard work.) Combining a big thug sweatshirt and pale skin makes for TERRIBLE fat kid photos. Glad Jeff was patient enough to make sure we positioned a few that made me look less pale and unusually large.

(Update as of Monday 29th, at 4:30: My thyroid doctor just called me and told me my Vitamin D levels were low. Good news is I don't have a thyroid problem, bad news is it has been clinically diagnosed that I am totally lacking sunlight. I get it already, enough!)

Snaps and a mock layout below.




So, now I have to reverse this pale problem. I don't know if maybe it's a NYC thing, or maybe a post grad you never see the sunlight any more with work thing, but I have to get back outside. Jeff and I decided to splurge on these $100 fixe bikes from target when we get our next paychecks, and my theory being that it will get us to go outside more. That, combined with some Jergens and outdoor running should do the trick.

I'm not going to be Casper for my wedding.

--

Speaking of the wedding I had my first minor/major melt down.

We are currently looking at a beautiful venue back in NC, but the weekend we wanted (October 26th) was already taken. Ugh. The one that was open was October 6. Yikes. Not only that, it is a Sunday and now I fear that people don't want to go. Saying things like "I can't miss ______ on Monday." My argument back is you can miss a Friday to travel but not a Monday? So, I'm hoping that my guest will understand when I send out Save the Dates and RSVP's very soon.

Other issue is the venue needs a $5,000 initial deposit to book it. Jeff wanted us to go and see it before we send that much money their way. Fair. The only thing was we were going home at the end of May, and I didn't think we could wait that long to see it because all the weekends would be booked by that point. I literally almost tore my hair out pricing out flights, looking at weekends, and considering all the options, but I finally broke down and let my boss know that I just had to go home and get this taken care of.

I am so lucky that I work in a place that I love and that they are totally understandable to the situation. Seriously. I go home this week to finalize a venue with Jeff and if this place doesn't work out I'm breaking down and just having it at my parents house. I think back to my proms and how I wanted my dress and everything to be so perfect, when I really should have said F- it and wore a short sequin dress and just focused on having fun. I don't want to look back on my wedding the same way.

So I'm taking a few deep breathes, and just going to go with it. I also just bought my wedding shoes, so that helps :)

Image and purchase via Shoedazzle.

More updates next weekend when we check out our venue and solidify things!

Hope everyone had a sunny weekend and didn't get stuck on a train for 2 hours trying to get out to Brooklyn!

xo,
Paige

No comments :

Post a Comment